- "Unlike any other creature on this planet, humans can ... think themselves into other people's places."
- ―J.K. Rowling
- "When I write a story, it's not like I'm thinking about what I'm doing"
- ―Stephenie Meyer
- "Both Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people. ... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."
- ―Steven King
Joanne "J.K." Rowling (born July 31, 1965) is the creator of the Harry Potter franchise and is Stephenie Meyer's arch enemy for the following reasons:
- She's a better writer.
- She's more successful.
- She's blonde.
- She's human.
- She's neither Bella Swan, nor did she write Harry Potter as a shameless self-insert.
- She's far more creative and original than Meyer.
- She does research and thinks about plot and characters before writing.
- She can actually cope with criticism.
- She has her feet on the ground and doesn't wish Harry Potter was real.
- She is against racism and sexism.
- She also expands the world of Harry Potter beyond the original books by making prequels (e.g. the Fantastic Beasts movies) and sequels (e.g. The Cursed Child)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.